2013 Forth Quarter – End of Year Numbers
Our Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors has just released the latest report showing stats for sales in our area, 2013 4th Quarter.
This report comes out Quarterly and gives us a good idea of the current Real Estate Market in the greater Charlottesville Area.
The specifics are pulled from our local MLS and you have likely been advised by your agent of specific trends in your area.
Remember to discuss specific market conditions with your Realtor.
Charlottesville Area 4th Quarter 2013 Highlights:
- Yearly home sales in Greater Charlottesville were up 10% over 2012, marking the second straight year of double-digit gains.
- The median sales price in 2013 was the highest level since 2008 and was 6.1% higher than in 2012.
- The median sales price in Q4-2013 was up 4.6% over Q4-2012, the third consecutive quarter with year-over-year gains.
- Half of homes sold in 2013 were on the market 54 days or less, the lowest median Days on Market since 2006.
- The median DOM in Q4-2013 was 15 days lower than Q4-2012.
- New listings were up 6.4% in Q4-2013 compared to the same period in 2012, marking the fifth consecutive quarter with an annual gain.
- Active inventory at year end is 5.6% higher than year-end 2012.