Charlottesville Real Estate – CAAR 2015 Second Quarter Market Report
Our Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors has just released the latest real estate market report showing stats for sales in our area, 2015 Second Quarter.
This report comes out Quarterly and gives us a good idea of the current Real Estate Market in the greater Charlottesville Area.
The specifics are pulled from our local MLS and you have likely been advised by your agent of specific trends in your area.
Remember to discuss specific market conditions with your Realtor.
Charlottesville Area 2015 Second Quarter Highlights:
- Closed sales in the Greater Charlottesville area up significantly 12.0% versus last year, with the 959 closed sales, marking the highest quarterly tally since 2007.
- Median sales price for the region increased 2.1% from Q2-2014, rising from $276,500 to $282,220.
- Half of the homes sold in the 2 nd Quarter were on the market 33 days or less, the lowest median days-on market since 2006.
- On average, sellers received 95.8% of original list price, up from 95.1% last year and the highest level since 2007.
- Active inventory is now 11.5% lower than last year, while purchase activity is high and new listings coming online are stable to 2014 levels.