Charlottesville Real Estate – CAAR 2015 Third Quarter Market Report
Our Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors has just released the latest real estate market report showing stats for sales in our area, 2015 Third Quarter.
This report comes out Quarterly and gives us a good idea of the current Real Estate Market in the greater Charlottesville Area.
The specifics are pulled from our local MLS and you have likely been advised by your agent of specific trends in your area.
Remember to discuss specific market conditions with your Realtor.
Charlottesville Area 2015 Third Quarter Highlights:
- The 834 closed sales tally in the Greater Charlottesville area topped the Q3 2014 level by 4.9%.
- The median sales price level dipped 5.1% from Q3 2014 to $274,450.
- Half of the homes sold in the 3 rd Quarter were on the market 44 days or less, four days lower than the median DOM last year.
- Despite a 5.8% increase in listing activity during the quarter, inventory remains 12.0% lower than last year.
- The 1,954 active listings represent 8.9 months of supply, down from 10.6 months at this point in 2014.
(SEE FULL DETAILS BELOW)