Acceptance of Terms
Clients, Customers: (Our Agreement with You)
Accessing Off Market Data, on our Virtual Office Website (VOW), is for Charlottesville Solutions Clients Only. By accessing such data (via Facebook or email) you, as the Registrant, agree to the following:
- the Registrant acknowledges entering into a lawful consumer-broker relationship with the brokerage firm, Charlottesville Solutions, who is operating this VOW;
- all data obtained from our VOW is intended only for the Registrant’s personal, non-commercial use;
- the Registrant has a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of real estate of the type being offered through our VOW;
- the Registrant will not copy, redistribute, or retransmit any of the data or information provided;
- the Registrant acknowledges the MLS’s ownership of, and the validity of the MLS’s copyright in, the MLS database.
- the Registrant is of legal age and is capable of entering into a legally binding contract.
- the Registrant does not have an exclusive contractual agreement “Buyer Broker” or other agreement with any other real estate agent or broker.
- the Registrant agrees to be contacted by email and/or phone by a Charlottesville Solutions agent, who will assist you in your home sale and/or home search and subsequent purchase (even if on the National Do Not Call List).
Charlottesville Solutions’ Site is Copyright protected as Intellectual Property.
“Text, graphics, and *HTML code are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.”
NOTE: Copyright protects original authorship fixed in tangible form (17 USC sec. 102(a)). For works transmitted online, the copyrightable authorship may consist of text, artwork, graphics, *HTML code, music, audiovisual material, sound recordings, etc.
*HTML code (including, but not limited to): source code, text, format, scripts, css code, menus, titles, tags, descriptions, tables, divs, objects, images, databases, style sheets and links.
A copyright is a property right in an original work of authorship. Published work on the Internet is owned by the person or organization that publishes that work (site). Copyright is recognized in the United States, and most countries, by statutory copyright laws.
Prohibited Uses – Generally
The look and feel of the Charlottesville Solutions’ Site, including all page headers, menus, sliders, graphics, positioning of images, colors, tables, buttons, icons, and scripts, is the trade dress and/or trademark or service mark of Charlottesville Solutions and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Charlottesville Solutions.
You further agree NOT to:
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the code/software comprising, or in any way making up, our Charlottesville Solutions’ site. This includes, but is not limited to, HTML code, text, format, scripts, css code, menus, titles, tags, descriptions, tables, divs, objects, images, databases, style sheets and links.
- Attempt to or access data, source code, images, etc., by any means such as browser or by logging into a server or account that you do not have permission for or that you are not authorized to access.
- Impersonate a prospect or potential client to obtain information about processes. Agents should note, this would also be a clear violation of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
- Send unsolicited e-mail, texts, IM, or any other communications to our servers, phones, smartphones or mobile devices.
- Attempt to interfere with our host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” our site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Servers’ infrastructure, databases or operating systems.
Violations, of any kind, may also result in civil and/or criminal liability. Charlottesville Solutions, and its legal council, will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations, and will involve and cooperate with governmental agencies and law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Local real estate agents in violation will be reported to Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) and will be reported in violation of Article 12 of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
Agents: before you, or someone you hire, copy someone else’s work (read this)
We take the protection of our Intellectual Property very seriously. If you are a real estate agent, be advised that you, as well as any team members, your Brokerage Firm and Internet Service Provider, will be listed as defendants in any litigation.
Article 12 of the REALTORS® Code of Ethics says that “REALTORS® shall be honest and truthful in their real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations”.
- If you steal content, in any fashion, you are clearly in violation of Article 12 of the REALTORS’® Code of Ethics.
Standard of Practice 12-10 of the REALTORS® Code of Ethics says it “prohibits REALTORS® from: manipulating (e.g., presenting content developed by others)”
- If you attempt to, in any way, reverse engineer our source code, you are clearly in violation of the REALTORS’® Code of Ethics.
Copyright © 2005-2021 Charlottesville Solutions – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED